Monday, September 21, 2009

Homemade White Bread

The credit for this recipe goes to my Mother in Law Jana Bradshaw- she came to my house and made this bread for us- it is delicious!!! I think my favorite part is that it is easy and most of the ingredients you will have around your house. You can also use this dough to make scones- also delicious! Enjoy!


Mix the following until smooth:

5 cups of hot water
2 tbsp salt
1 Cup Sugar
2/3 cup oil
4 cups Bread Flour

Add to the top and knead together:

3 cups of Bread Flour
2 tbsp Quick Rise Yeast
Add more flour as needed. Total flour will be about 10 to 12 cups.

Cover and let rise (I covered mine with saran wrap that I sprayed with cooking spray so the dough wouldn't stick to it as it was rising.) it will double in size- punch it down and let it rise again. Knead again and divide into four sections and place in greased medium size loaf pans. Let rise until desired size.

Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until lightly browned.

No comments: