Friday, October 3, 2008

Homemade Oreo Cookies

This is a recipe that I got from my cousin's wife- they are a family favorite and whenever anyone brings these to a family event they don't last long!

First- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees

What you need:

1 chocolate cake mix
3/4 c. of Shortening
2 eggs

Mix all of these ingredients together VERY WELL!

Drop by scoop (I use my smallest pampered chef scoop but a teaspoon would probably work just as well.) on to a cookie sheet.

Cook them for 6-7 minutes- you don't want them too well done- they should still be moist.

Then you can make your own frosting they suggested cream cheese frosting but I have also used vanilla and it tasted fine to me.

For a variation on this recipe I made lemon oreos- I used 1 yellow cake mix, 1 tsp of lemon juice and then follow with the Shortening and eggs. They were delicious with cream cheese frosting. I always modify the recipe to make it mine so that was my modification!

No comments: