Monday, April 19, 2010

Classic Sour Cream Banana Bread

This recipe came from www.breakstones.com- and my daughter and I tried it this afternoon! Delicious! This recipe will only make one loaf so I doubled it so I could make two at a time.

1/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup mashed fully ripe bananas (about three)
1 cup Sour Cream
2 eggs
2 1/4 cups Flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 salt
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Heat the oven to 350 degrees

Beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl with mixer until well blended. Add bananas, sour cream, and eggs and mix well. add combined dry ingredients mix untile moistened. Stir in nuts (if desired)
Pour in to greased and floured 9X5 inch loaf pan

Bake 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes and remove to place on a wire rack. Cool Completely and refrigerate leftovers.

*You can make a cinnamon sugar mixture and use that to dust your pan in place of the flour and then sprinkle some on top of the dough before baking.

1 comment:

Jane said...

sounds great! I have ripe bananas in my freezer and have been thinking it would be fun to try a new recipe.