Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Lasagna Bread

I made this for dinner tonight with a green romaine lettuce salad to go with it. It was delicious! Do try this one soon! The thing I liked the most about it was that it was easy to make and it used ingredients that I always have on hand so no special trips to the grocery store to make it! :)

I took this picture after dinner because I forgot to take a picture when I pulled it out of the oven. This was all that was left after dinner- my family loved it- this will be added to our rotation! :)
I am sorry that the picture doesn't do this justice I am not a photographer and I don't have a really nice camera to take beautiful pictures of the food I cook. I did cook it on a Pampered Chef Stone- which I love! If you have never cooked on a stone before try it out!

1 lb of ground hamburger cooked (or I used ground turkey)
2 cups of grated cheese- I used a cheddar/ monterey jack blend
2 packages of Crescent Rolls
1 can diced tomatoes with juice
1/2 chopped onion
1/4 cup of chopped parsley (4 tsp of the spice)
1/2 tsp basil
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 can tomato paste
1 cup of cottage cheese

Brown ground beef and onion and mix well with spices diced tomatoes and tomato paste. Spread eight rolls flat on a cookie sheet or stone, making sure that the seams are pinched together and closed.
Layer half of the meat, then the cheese and then the meat and cheese. Cover with the other package of rolls and pinch around the edges or use a fork like I did.



Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

No comments: