Thursday, March 3, 2011

S'More Cookie Bars


I am taking a dinner to a family tonight and I needed a sweet treat to complete their meal and of course any chance I have to make a dessert I do ! :)

My daughter (4 1/2) and I made these together- this recipe would be an easy one to make with your kids!

3/4 Cups Margerine
3 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 pkg of semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch chips
1 cup mini marshmellows (my daughter wanted to use the colored ones- hope they still taste good!)
1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 oz)



Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a 13X9 baking pan combine the graham cracker crumbs and the margerine and spread to cover the bottom of the pan evenly. Try to evenly sprinkle the chocolate chips next and then the butterscotch chips and then on top of that the sweetened condensed milk evenly over the mixture. Bake for 25 minutes or until bubbly. Let it cool completely before serving. You can also stick it in your fridge to cool- but if you bake it in a glass baking pan- let it cool down a bunch before you put it in the fridge- you don't want to risk your pan shattering.

Cut in to squares and serve! Yumm!

No comments: