Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Butterscotch Cashew Scotchies

My husband is not a chocoholic like me- he would be content with anything caramel or butterscotch. So I found this dessert for him. I love recipes that use cake mixes because they are so fast and there is minimal mess to clean up after!

1 pkg plain yellow cake mix
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1 stick of butter melted
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chopped lightly salted cashews
1 cup butterscotch chips

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees

Combine the ingredients (except for the cashews and butterscotch chips) in your mixer and mix them together. When it is all mixed together pour in to a greased 9 X13 pan and spread to cover the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle the butterscotch chips and the chopped cashews over the top of batter and then place in the oven for 27-29 minutes.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Ooooh, yummy! I need to put these on my list to try. Thanks for the recipes. I also LOVE Lion House lasagne, it is my favorite.